LINCOLN, Neb. -- Lincoln authorities said they are investigating the death of two roommates. 

The Lincoln Police Department said that around 11:58 a.m., they, along with Lincoln Fire & Rescue, were dispatched to a residence near S Seventh St. and Old Cheney Road on a medical emergency. 

LPD said a 35-year-old male reported that he found his two roommates unresponsive in the garage. 

Authorities said that four additional residents of the same home were taken to an area hospital as a precaution for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. 

When emergency personnel arrived, they said they found a 31-year-old male and a 30-year-old male both dead in the garage area of the home. 

Officials said that at this time the names of the victims are being withheld as we work to notify family members and conduct further investigation. 

LPD said the investigation is in the early stages. 

Criminal investigators are still on the scene collecting evidence and working to determine the circumstances surrounding this incident.