Cooking fire causes minor damage at North 9th residence
No major damage, and no injuries
BEATRICE – Beatrice firefighters were sent to a North Ninth Street residence just before noon Thursday, after smoke was observed coming from the upper part of the residence.
Fire Chief Brian Daake says a small fire was caused by unattended cooking. Some vegetable oil ignited in a pan, causing a flareup and smoke within the residence. No one was injured, and there was minor damage.
Firefighters were sent to the seven-hundred block of North 9th at around 11:45 a.m. and were on scene for about half-an-hour.