Southeast Community College to host information sessions on funding change
BEATRICE – Southeast Community College plans to hold several information sessions on the new funding model for community colleges, approved in legislation this year and signed by the Governor.
LB 243 will eliminate the ability of community colleges to levy property taxes for general operations, replacing that revenue with money from a so-called Community College Future Fund…starting in 2024. The schools will still be allowed to levy up to two cents per hundred dollars property valuation for capital construction.
The Community College Future Fund arrangement also creates a 100-percent tax income tax credit for a transition year between the new funding systems…on the amount of property taxes residents pay for community colleges.
Information sessions begin July 31st and run through August 23rd and will be held from 6:30-7:30 p.m. unless noted otherwise….
- July 31: York Learning Center
- Aug. 1: Hebron Learning Center
- Aug. 2: Nebraska City Learning Center
- Aug. 7: Plattsmouth Learning Center
- Aug. 8: Seward Civic Center
- Aug. 9: Crete Library from 6-7 p.m.
- Aug. 14: Wahoo Learning Center
- Aug. 15: Auburn Memorial Library
- Aug. 16: Milford Campus
- Aug. 21: Lincoln Campus
- Aug. 22: Falls City Learning Center
- Aug. 23: Beatrice Campus